Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I remember you

So this past Saturday (November 12, 2011) I crashed the party at the KEY CLUB to watch Pretty Boy Floyd and Crashdiet in an 80's Sunset strip revival of sorts. Little did I know, as I put on my high heels so early on that day, that there would be roughly about 287459082374523409523 opening bands. Painful, definitely, with each band playing about 5 songs by the time Pretty Boy Floyd appeared it had to be after midnight already! Ahh but the pain was worth it, dress to impress right? (It was in Hollywood, needless to say that is the law of the land) Some of the opening bands were fun to watch, I thoroughly enjoyed it since the younger scene is much more entertaining to observe, its almost like it was back in the 80's, maybe the revival is truly underway? Bands of note that night were Vicious Outlaws, Skarlet and Electric Child.

Like I mentioned before, there were dozens of bands! Its unfair to only mention 3 but those were the most memorable to me in all honesty. So anyhow, by the time Pretty Boy Floyd first came out I was feeling a bit tired but they managed to get the crowd all worked up which was fantastic. They rocked out like they would in their day, being as I was in front row I got a partial "lap dance" (what I call it when one of the band members crouches in your face, basically) from 2 of the members hahaha Also, I received an awesome sequin bracelet from Steve Sex (vocalist) so that was a great souvenir!

Once Crashdiet finally entered the stage I was MORE than exhausted, but again, I stuck to my guns, ignored the high heels and rocked out along with the band. They were very shy to be a sleaze metal band, at least, I believe their singer was the most charismatic, but then again when most foreign bands finally have a chance to play in LA they seem nervous regardless. Anyway, I leave you with some eye candy from the show and a song from Skid Row I dearly love, hope to see more of these bands in the near future!






No comments:

Post a Comment