Monday, October 17, 2011

THE THING 2011 (Horror Movie Review #001)

So I will begin to post my reviews of horror movies, seeing as I hardly write anymore here's a chance to beat the hell out of my writer's block !

Horror Movie Review #001

THE THING 2011
(Remake)



So as you all know (or will eventually find out), I am something of a movie nerd. I do have a special preference for horror, which inclines me to be extremely strict with remakes. I thought it was bad idea to remake a movie like this...until I saw it.

Needless to say it took me by surprise. The cast was spot on and the special effects were superb, but used very creatively! Its not your typical horror movie, it has a psychological factor that is fun to play with, and does in fact make your skin crawl. Anyway, despite I watched this movie at a mezzanine showing and the movie theater was only 5% full, I could hear everyone gasping and screaming during the gruesome parts, and trust me, I don't use the word gruesome very often as a compliment. (Its right up there with words like beautiful and perfect) So if you want to see a good one this halloween season, catch The Thing, it'll be worth the watch !

No comments:

Post a Comment